Monday 10 March 2014

Chess Concept

We were tasked with making a concept for a chess piece. I was given the king. I first drafted up 3 concept pieces that I could use to be the king. I used only 3 colours so that there was lots of room for expansion once I chose which one to use. I based my chess piece off of my first concept idea(see below).
 
 
 

I then started to experiment with colours and weapons, as well as the eye(s) of the creature. I added in a green and a brown colour in order to make my chess piece look like it was made of earth. I also drafted up a few ideas for different weapons as I was not sure whether an axe was suitable for the theme I was going with. I chose to use the third colour experiment (bottom left) and use the sword that I created as the fitted together very well, due to the vines
 
 
I then created the final line drawing that I would give to a 3D modeller to use to create my chess piece. I ensured that all of the views showed the king in the same scale and also made the weapon a separate model so that it would be easier to animate.

No comments:

Post a Comment